How to Set Up Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad with eHopper POS
Are you a small business looking for an easy to use plug & play POS system? Whether you’re in retail or a quick service restaurant, chances are, you’re looking for something simple. Perhaps even just an all-in-one package?
I remember once working in a boutique New York City retail shop that was the size of a phone booth. In that situation, the idea of having enough space to spread out, much less customize, my point-of-sale configuration was, frankly…laughable.
These days there are so many point-of-sale options for small businesses, but who has time to sort through them all?
Often it’s easier to simply scoop up everything in one tight package. And that’s why I switched to an Elo device, paired with eHopper POS, in my former boutique gig.
For me, the answer was the Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad.
All-in-one. Plug-and-play. Problem solved.
eHopper’s POS software is free to use and integrated fully with Elo’s PayPoint Plus for iPad. For small business owners, it really does not get any easier than this.
The all-in-one PayPoint Plus for iPad brings unmatched style to the point of sale with a distinctive, modern aesthetic. PayPoint Plus provides everything a merchant needs including a fully integrated 2D barcode scanner from Honeywell, a 3-in printer and an encryptable MSR.
Additionally, you’ll find an integrated full-sized cash drawer, peripheral connection ports, a flippable touchscreen for signatures.
The PayPoint Plus really is perfect for retailers and quick serve restaurants of all sizes in all segments.
Ok, cool. So you have the hardware nailed down and everything in one neat package from Elo. but what now? Well, did you know that eHopper offers completely FREE point of sale software? Yep. Free.
That means that you can run your PayPoint Plus for iPad on totally free POS software from eHopper, accessing powerful features such as:
eHopper POS’ intuitive point of sale software coupled with the Elo PayPoint Plus gives proprietors an incredibly versatile mobile point of sale solution.
Getting set up with your free eHopper POS software is a breeze. Simply download eHopper POS and quickly integrate with your Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad.
How to setup eHopper POS
- Register at ehopper.com/pricing
- Select your plan, Essential or Freedom
- Download eHopper POS from the Apple store to your iPad
- Enter the credentials you received from the welcome email
Please watch an easy to follow eHopper POS Getting started instructional video.
How to setup eHopper POS with Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad
Here’s what you’re getting out-of-the-box with the PayPoint Plus for iPad:
Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad
- Docks, depending on model and part number ordered, designed for use with 9.7-inch iPads or a 12.9-inch iPad Pro model. A PayPoint Plus model with docks for use with the 10.5-inch iPad will be available soon
One type A USB (for charging), one mini USB (for charging), and two RJ45 serial ports
Fully integrated Star Micronics TSP100III 3-inch printer, Honeywell N3680 2D barcode reader, and Magtek 3-track encryptable MSR
A full-size, 16-inch, industry-standard cash drawer that offers a 3-position lock and the ability to use a second cash drawer through an additional I/O por
PayPoint’s single-cable design makes setting up the POS system fast and easy. Merchants can customize the platform to their needs by adding third-party peripherals, like a secondary cash drawer, handheld scanner, or EMV terminal.
So let’s get started!
The first steps are to set up your Elo PayPoint Plus hardware, and then, connect with eHopper POS.
And don’t sweat it, you don’t have to be a tech junky to get this done. Just follow the steps below and you’ll start ringing up sales in no time!
Setting Up Your iPad with the Elo PayPoint Plus Device
- Place the dock that corresponds to your iPad model onto the Elo device
- Place your iPad into the dock.
- Plug the Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad power cord into the bottom of the Elo device
- The Elo device should turn on
- Turn on your iPad
Now PLEASE NOTE: The following steps must be done before downloading the eHopper POS app on your iPad. If the eHopper app is already installed, delete it after syncing (all data will be saved).
- Go to the App Store and install the Elo PayPoint Framework app.
- Open the app and select the Barcode tab on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Trigger BCR link.
- Return to the App Store and install the eHopper POS app.
- Open the app and log in to POS with your credentials.
- Select to Sync from the left navigation menu.
- Take the bar code of an item that was already set up in the eHopper Back Office (the UPC Code must have been entered and saved for the item) and hold, it facing the scanner, about a few inches away.
And that’s it! Now, the scanned item should appear in the shopping cart.
Note: The SocketMobile Series 7 CHS 7Ci scanner will work with the iPad as well. For set up instructions, please see https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011774348-Socket-Mobile-Scanner-Setup-for-iPad
eHopper Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad Printer Setup
- Go to your iPad Settings and tap Bluetooth.
- Connect to the Star TSP100-173CBB printer.
- Log in to the eHopper POS app on the iPad.
- In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings—>Printer Setup
- On Printer Settings screen, tap Search for printer on the top right.
- The TSP143lllBl printer should show up under both Receipt Printers and Kitchen Printers. Check off the box(es) of whichever one(s) you would like to set up the printer to print.
Note: For kitchen receipts to print, you must select the Kitchen Receipt option in the Receipt tab of your Back Office Store Settings.
- Choose either 80mm or 58mm as the paper width for one or both printer types.
- If there is currently no paper in the printer, input the paper roll into the Elo printer.
- The option Print test page will appear to the right of the printer. Tap it to print a test page to ensure that the printer is set up properly.
- Confirm your printer settings by tapping the DONE button.
- The printer should now be set up to work in eHopper.
Note: All external printers that are compatible with eHopper on iPads will work with the Elo device as well: eHopper BTP-R180II, Star TSP100 LAN, and Star Bluetooth TSP650II. For set up instructions, please see https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115002749328-iPad
eHopper Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad – Cash Drawer Setup
In the eHopper POS app, navigate to the left navigation menu and tap on Settings—>Cash Drawer.
- Tap Search for cash drawer.
- In list of printers that appear, select the TSP143lllBl printer.
- Tap the Test link to the right of the selected printer. If the drawer opens, it is working properly.
- Confirm cash drawer settings by tapping DONE.
- The cash drawer should now be set up to work in eHopper.
Note: All external cash drawers that are compatible with eHopper on iPads will work with the Elo device as well: eHopper 16″ Cash Drawer, APG Vasario Cash Drawer, and M-S Cash Drawer CF–405-M-B. For set up instructions, please see https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115002749328-iPad
Customer Display Screen on Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad
- When logged in to eHopper POS, the display screen says “Welcome to [Store name].”
- As each item is added to the shopping cart, the customer screen displays the most recent item’s quantity, name, and price in the first line and the total price of the order in the second line.
- When on the payment screen, the customer screen only displays the total price of the order
And that’s it! You’re all set. Now you are ready to start swiping cards, handling cash, and printing customer receipts like a pro.
Get started with the all-in-one Elo PayPoint Plus today!
Elo is a global leader in touchscreen solutions, including POS systems and interactive signage displays from 10 to 70 inches. The inventor of the touchscreen, Elo now has 20+ million retail and hospitality installations in 80+ countries, with products designed in California and built to last with a three-year standard warranty. The Elo touchscreen experience has consistently stood for quality, reliability and innovation. Elo intellectual property is protected by global patent, trademark and design registrations. Learn more about Elo at EloTouch.com.